We offer an inspiring, multidisciplinary and international environment, focused on the growth of individual talent. We are always looking for talented designers and developers.
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Provides direction for colorways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs. Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 - 6 years design experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to hand sketch.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
- Responsible for market research, creating seasonal inspiration boards, designs, tech pack creation, and fit.
- Responsible for all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs.
- Responsible for material selection, color details, and styling details. Responsible for knowledge of cost components and ability to design products that hit margin targets.
- Create computer design; sketches, graphics, print artwork, multiple colorways and storyboards.
- Create visual presentations and follow up with all design details.
- Responsible for presentation of designs at line reviews and product launch.
- Oversee the fitting of garments and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Review details on prototypes with developer and merchandiser. Share responsibility with development and merchandiser for final product result.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross –functional team members and remain focused.
- Adhere to all calendar dates
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 4-6.
- 4-6 years design experience Associate/Bachelor Degree in related field preferred Pattern rendering experience is a plus
- Multimedia experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Extensive experience designing and tech packing Cut & Sew classifications, specifically Jackets, Knits and Fleece
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance
- standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in computer design programs, (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Knowledge of fit, fabric and color.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve
- professional goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and other business
- practices, guidelines and documents
Senior Technical Designer
- Owns executing design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining corporate standards.
- Collaborate with business partners on design aesthetic, fit intent and construction. Communicate vision to vendor to achieve quality samples.
- Independently lead fit session to achieve design aesthetic and finalize fit of a trend right style that meets customer expectations.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, design aesthetic and construction leveraging current technologies to a vendor in a universal language to achieve quality samples.
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of spec, construction, fit intent and design aesthetic.
- Identify potential production, quality and costing and design issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure size and fit consistency within and across product categories.
- Independently track, manage and prioritize a high style count with multiple deliverables to insure deadlines and in store dates are met.
- Communicate with vendors to troubleshoot, educate, and understand vendor capabilities. Utilize existing training materials.
- Build vendor fit capabilities to empower vendors to own fit.
- Hold self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings.
- Ability to supervise.
- Mentor others.
- Take on extra projects and participate in committee work.
- Ability to distill the important from the non important.
- Exhibit confidence, act decisively and is comfortable taking calculated risks.
- Balance assertiveness with effectively managing relationships.
- Expertise in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit for multiple or complex product
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong computer skills.
- Preferred programs:
- computer pattern programs such as, Gerber and Lectra,
- computer spec writing and sketch programs such as, PLM, Web PDM, Adobe Illustrator & Micrographix Designer
- Web conferencing tools and Video editing tools
- Microsoft Suite programs
- Acts as point person on strike off development details with vendor partners, design and regional offices
- Creates and updates seasonal tracking charts to ensure timely review of submits and communication of comments through final approval of print, pattern and graphic strike offs
- Coordinates work flow of weekly updates to ensure composites are used as a timely communication tool with vendors, production, technical and merchandising
- Tracks development to ensure approval deadlines are met and manages expectations risk.
- Partners with surface design and regional partners to execute print and embellishments each season for licensed product
- Partners with pre-production to ensure all embellishments meet cost targets and seasonal IMU goals
- Communicates daily region on print and embellishment execution / costing
- Partners with licensee to obtain artwork approval
- Manages daily tracking chart to track approvals
- Partners with licensee to obtain all final approvals on strike offs prior to bulk
- 1+ year of Product Design / Development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of garment construction for communication of placement, sizing for grading
- Understanding of costing, lead time and implications of the surface design in development as is relates to any quality concerns
- Computer savvy
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively